Wayne Gretzky mint condition rookie card sells for $3.75M, breaks record for most expensive NHL card. NHL great Wayne Gretzky has set a lot of records and he just added another to his resume. His rookie card recently sold for $3.75 million, which is the highest price ever for a single hockey card.
Subsequently, are Wayne Gretzky cards worth anything? The card was first sold in August of 2016 for a then-record $465,000. Four years later, in December of 2020, the card was purchased at auction for $1.29 million, setting a new record. Five months later, the Gretzky rookie fetched a whopping $3.75 million. There have been other records shattered recently as well.
Amazingly, what is my Wayne Gretzky card worth? The Topps version of Gretzky’s rookie card is almost exactly the same as his OPC rookie but its cardstock and print quality are higher. Finding one in mint condition is therefore slightly easier but will still set you back around $6,000.
Also, how much is a 1981 Wayne Gretzky card worth? The highest price we’re tracking for Wayne Gretzky’s 1981 Topps Base is $499.99 and the lowest price is $42.89.
Similarly, what is the most valuable Wayne Gretzky card? NHL great Wayne Gretzky has set a lot of records and he just added another to his resume. His rookie card recently sold for $3.75 million, which is the highest price ever for a single hockey card. Heritage Auctions sold the Gem Mint 10 rated 1979 O-Pee-Chee Gretzky rookie card for the whopping price, according to ESPN.Heritage Auctions recently sold a rare 1979, Gem Mint 10 condition Wayne Gretzky rookie card for $3.75 million USD, which now holds the record for the most expensive hockey card ever. The card is expected to be only one of two known 1979 O-Pee-Chee Gretzky rookie cards with a perfect grading.
- Which hockey cards are worth money?
- Are ice hockey cards worth anything?
- How much is a Patrick Roy rookie card worth?
- How much is a Wayne Gretzky rookie card?
- How many Wayne Gretzky cards are there?
- How do I find out my Wayne Gretzky rookie card?
- What hockey cards from the 90s are worth money?
- How many Gretzky rookie cards exist?
- Are hockey cards from 1991 worth anything?
- How much is a Connor McDavid rookie card worth?
- What is the rarest hockey card in the world?
- What should I do with my old hockey cards?
- How much is a Mark Messier rookie card worth?
- How much is a Bobby Orr card worth?
- How much is a Sidney Crosby rookie card worth?
- Is a Wayne Gretzky rookie card a good investment?
- What year was Wayne Gretzky rookie card?
- What year was Wayne Gretzky a rookie?
- How much is a Babe Ruth baseball card worth?
- What is the most valuable sports card ever?
Which hockey cards are worth money?
- 1912 C57 #1 Georges Vezina – $25,000.
- 2005 The Cup #180 Sidney Crosby Rookie Card Autograph – $30,000.
- 1923 V145-1 #25 Bert Corbeau Rookie Card – $40,000.
- 1951 Parkhurst #66 Gordie Howe Rookie Card – $50,000.
- 1911 C55 Imperial Tobacco #38 Georges Vezina Rookie Card – $75,000.
- 1958 Topps #66 Bobby Hull Rookie Card – $150,000.
Are ice hockey cards worth anything?
The most valuable hockey cards in the hobby can easily fetch upper five and six figure price levels. Hockey card collectors are extremely passionate and many simply go crazy over some of the cards on this list…
How much is a Patrick Roy rookie card worth?
15) Patrick Roy: 1986-87 Topps This 1986-87 Topps rookie card of Patrick Roy is valued at over $300 with a high grade.
How much is a Wayne Gretzky rookie card?
CBS Sports reports that a rare mint condition 1979 O-Pee-Chee Wayne Gretzky rookie card sold at auction for $3.75-million in May of 2021. All Vintage Cards reported that a mint condition Gretzky Topps rookie card was sold for $200,000 at auction in 2016, though lower grade copies can generally be found for $600.
How many Wayne Gretzky cards are there?
We have 1482 cards in our Wayne Gretzky checklist.
How do I find out my Wayne Gretzky rookie card?
Shoulder Check You will first notice that the original OPC Wayne Gretzky rookie has a yellow ink mark on his left shoulder. This is one of the main marks to show that the card is authentic. Every card in the print run has one of these blemishes, so make sure you check for that first.
What hockey cards from the 90s are worth money?
- 1990-91 Pro Set Stanley Cup Hologram. Thirty years later, the Stanley Cup Hologram remains the ultimate chase card for hockey card collectors.
- 1990-91 Score #439: Martin Brodeur RC.
- 1990-91 Upper Deck #356: Jaromir Jagr RC.
- 1990-91 OPC Premier #30: Sergei Fedorov RC.
How many Gretzky rookie cards exist?
Wayne Gretzky has two official rookie cards – the 1979-1980 Topps #18 and 1979-1980 O-Pee-Cee (OPC) #18 cards. The Topps version is the one distributed in the United States whereas OPC cards were distributed for sale throughout Canada.
Are hockey cards from 1991 worth anything?
That’s funny if you think about it, because hockey cards in the 1991-92 season were worth $15 million to the players and owners – money worth fighting over — and yet hockey cards from that year are practically worthless today.
How much is a Connor McDavid rookie card worth?
Connor McDavid rookie card sells for more than $135K, breaking modern records.
What is the rarest hockey card in the world?
Wayne Gretzky 1979 O-Pee-Chee Base #18 PSA 10 — $1.29 million. Last December, Heritage Auctions sold a PSA 10 copy of Wayne Gretzky’s rookie O-Pee-Chee card for $1.29 million. At the time, it was the first hockey card to break $1 million and was the most expensive hockey card ever sold.
What should I do with my old hockey cards?
- Donate them.
- Put them in a garage/yard sale.
- List them in an online classified.
- Donate them to a charity auction.
- Give them to some neighbors.
- Advertise them in your local newspaper/shopper.
- Package them up and give them away at Halloween.
How much is a Mark Messier rookie card worth?
The value of a Mark Messier rookie card will usually vary between $20 and $3,000 depending on its condition and whether it’s professionally graded or not.
How much is a Bobby Orr card worth?
The 1967 Bobby Orr card features a cutout, posed photo of Bobby with a cartoon back drop of an audience in the hockey stands. Top quality versions of this card can go for $2500, but don’t worry, you can get your hands on a decent copy for about $300.
How much is a Sidney Crosby rookie card worth?
Price: $119,000. The 2005-06 Crosby rookie card from Upper Deck is currently on eBay for the cost of an exotic sports car or an entire four-year degree. The black diamond card is graded as perfection and four times more expensive than other cards which are going for nearly $30,000.
Is a Wayne Gretzky rookie card a good investment?
Bobby Orr Rookie Cards and Wayne Gretzky rookie cards tell the same story. Once valued at $20-$50, these cards now command tens of thousands. A gem-mint O-Pee-Chee Gretzky rookie card has now sold for over one million dollars.
What year was Wayne Gretzky rookie card?
The 1979 O-Pee-Chee Gretzky rookie card is one of only two known to be graded as a Gem Mint 10 by Professional Sports Authenticator. The only other such version sold at auction for $1.29 million in December, becoming the first hockey card to sell for more than $1 million.
What year was Wayne Gretzky a rookie?
Wayne Gretzky has been the face of hockey nearly since his arrival in the NHL in 1979.
How much is a Babe Ruth baseball card worth?
Babe Ruth card sells for $4.2M as Newman Collection tops $21.5M in Memory Lane Auction. Memory Lane officials predicted the Thomas Newman Collection would sell for more than $20 million. The company was spot-an as one of the most extensive sports card and memorabilia collections in the country sold for $21.5 million.
What is the most valuable sports card ever?
- Honus Wagner 1909-11 Baseball Card – $2.8 million. Considered the Holy Grail of sports cards, the Honus Wagner T206 tobacco card is the most valuable ever, selling at $2.8 million.