Hockey’s greatest player commemorated by the Canadian hockey card company makes for a genuine slice of real history. Mint condition OPC Gretzky rookies typically sell around the $30,000 range.
Furthermore, how much is a Gretzky card worth? NHL great Wayne Gretzky has set a lot of records and he just added another to his resume. His rookie card recently sold for $3.75 million, which is the highest price ever for a single hockey card. Heritage Auctions sold the Gem Mint 10 rated 1979 O-Pee-Chee Gretzky rookie card for the whopping price, according to ESPN.
Beside the above, how much is a 1979 Wayne Gretzky hockey card worth? Heritage Auctions says it has sold a 1979 O-Pee-Chee Gretzky rookie card to an anonymous buyer for US$3.75 million.
Additionally, which hockey cards are worth money?
- 1912 C57 #1 Georges Vezina – $25,000.
- 2005 The Cup #180 Sidney Crosby Rookie Card Autograph – $30,000.
- 1923 V145-1 #25 Bert Corbeau Rookie Card – $40,000.
- 1951 Parkhurst #66 Gordie Howe Rookie Card – $50,000.
- 1911 C55 Imperial Tobacco #38 Georges Vezina Rookie Card – $75,000.
- 1958 Topps #66 Bobby Hull Rookie Card – $150,000.
In regards to, how many Gretzky rookie cards exist? Wayne Gretzky has two official rookie cards – the 1979-1980 Topps #18 and 1979-1980 O-Pee-Cee (OPC) #18 cards. The Topps version is the one distributed in the United States whereas OPC cards were distributed for sale throughout Canada.We have 1482 cards in our Wayne Gretzky checklist.
- Are ice hockey cards worth anything?
- How do I find out my Wayne Gretzky rookie card?
- Is a Wayne Gretzky rookie card a good investment?
- How much is a Sidney Crosby rookie card worth?
- What should I do with my old hockey cards?
- Are hockey cards from 1991 worth anything?
- What 90s hockey cards are worth money?
- How much is a Babe Ruth baseball card worth?
- How much is a Patrick Roy rookie card worth?
- What is the most valuable sports card ever?
- What is the rarest hockey card in the world?
- Are reprint cards valuable?
- What is a reprint hockey card?
- How can you tell if a Gretzky rookie is first print?
- Are hockey cards going up in value?
- How much is a Connor McDavid rookie card worth?
- Where can I sell my base sports cards?
- What hockey cards from the 80s are worth money?
- Why is Mike Trout rookie card worth so much?
- What is the rarest rookie card?
Are ice hockey cards worth anything?
The most valuable hockey cards in the hobby can easily fetch upper five and six figure price levels. Hockey card collectors are extremely passionate and many simply go crazy over some of the cards on this list…
How do I find out my Wayne Gretzky rookie card?
Shoulder Check You will first notice that the original OPC Wayne Gretzky rookie has a yellow ink mark on his left shoulder. This is one of the main marks to show that the card is authentic. Every card in the print run has one of these blemishes, so make sure you check for that first.
Is a Wayne Gretzky rookie card a good investment?
Bobby Orr Rookie Cards and Wayne Gretzky rookie cards tell the same story. Once valued at $20-$50, these cards now command tens of thousands. A gem-mint O-Pee-Chee Gretzky rookie card has now sold for over one million dollars.
How much is a Sidney Crosby rookie card worth?
Price: $119,000. The 2005-06 Crosby rookie card from Upper Deck is currently on eBay for the cost of an exotic sports car or an entire four-year degree. The black diamond card is graded as perfection and four times more expensive than other cards which are going for nearly $30,000.
What should I do with my old hockey cards?
- Donate them.
- Put them in a garage/yard sale.
- List them in an online classified.
- Donate them to a charity auction.
- Give them to some neighbors.
- Advertise them in your local newspaper/shopper.
- Package them up and give them away at Halloween.
Are hockey cards from 1991 worth anything?
That’s funny if you think about it, because hockey cards in the 1991-92 season were worth $15 million to the players and owners – money worth fighting over — and yet hockey cards from that year are practically worthless today.
What 90s hockey cards are worth money?
- 1990-91 Pro Set Stanley Cup Hologram. Thirty years later, the Stanley Cup Hologram remains the ultimate chase card for hockey card collectors.
- 1990-91 Score #439: Martin Brodeur RC.
- 1990-91 Upper Deck #356: Jaromir Jagr RC.
- 1990-91 OPC Premier #30: Sergei Fedorov RC.
How much is a Babe Ruth baseball card worth?
Babe Ruth card sells for $4.2M as Newman Collection tops $21.5M in Memory Lane Auction. Memory Lane officials predicted the Thomas Newman Collection would sell for more than $20 million. The company was spot-an as one of the most extensive sports card and memorabilia collections in the country sold for $21.5 million.
How much is a Patrick Roy rookie card worth?
15) Patrick Roy: 1986-87 Topps This 1986-87 Topps rookie card of Patrick Roy is valued at over $300 with a high grade.
What is the most valuable sports card ever?
- Honus Wagner 1909-11 Baseball Card – $2.8 million. Considered the Holy Grail of sports cards, the Honus Wagner T206 tobacco card is the most valuable ever, selling at $2.8 million.
What is the rarest hockey card in the world?
Wayne Gretzky 1979 O-Pee-Chee Base #18 PSA 10 — $1.29 million. Last December, Heritage Auctions sold a PSA 10 copy of Wayne Gretzky’s rookie O-Pee-Chee card for $1.29 million. At the time, it was the first hockey card to break $1 million and was the most expensive hockey card ever sold.
Are reprint cards valuable?
Reprint sets are an affordable way to collect your dream cards. The original sets may be worth thousands or tens of thousands, but you can get your hands on a reprint set for a fraction of the cost.
What is a reprint hockey card?
A reprint card is one that is created with the sole purpose of being utilized as a collector’s item, while fully acknowledging that the card is a reproduction. Sometimes, but not always, a reprint has some text such as ‘reprint’ printed on the card to help distinguish it from the authentic card.
How can you tell if a Gretzky rookie is first print?
First print runs typically will carry a premium. The other way to tell is the imperfect printing of the blue around the oilers symbol on the front of the card. The blue will overlap with the black line.
Are hockey cards going up in value?
— Hockey card collecting has seen a huge rise in popularity over the past few months, with a few rare cards selling for six figures, like the Wayne Gretzky card that recently sold for $1.3 million. But not all cards are considered equal, with common cards only worth pennies on the dollar.
How much is a Connor McDavid rookie card worth?
Connor McDavid rookie card sells for more than $135K, breaking modern records.
Where can I sell my base sports cards?
Sell Your Sports Cards and Memorabilia to Us. In recent years, Amazon.com has become a viable marketplace for selling bulk commons. While eBay is generally used for cards with long-term collectible value, Amazon is a place to buy or sell sports cards that are more of a commodity.
What hockey cards from the 80s are worth money?
- 1981 O-Pee-Chee Jari Kurri #107 (Buy on eBay)
- 1986 O-Pee-Chee Patrick Roy #53 (Buy on eBay)
- 1981 O-Pee-Chee Paul Coffey Rookie Card #111 (Buy on eBay)
- 1981 Wayne Gretzky Oilers West Edmonton Mall.
- 1980 O-Pee-Chee Mark Messier Rookie Card #289 (Buy on eBay)
Why is Mike Trout rookie card worth so much?
PSA Population Report. A 2011 Finest Mike Trout rookie card refractor sells for so much because they are rare. We can find evidence of rarity in PSA’s population report. PSA graded 111 Trout Finest refractors; of those submitted, 22 graded gem mint 10, 65 mint 9, and 18 near-mint 8.
What is the rarest rookie card?
- Roberto Clemente, 1955 Topps. Cost: $478,000.
- Willie Mays, 1952 Topps.
- Babe Ruth, 1914 Baltimore News.
- Mickey Mantle, 1951 Bowman.
- Nolan Ryan/Jerry Koosman, 1968 Topps.
- “Shoeless” Joe Jackson, 1909 American Caramel.
- Pete Rose, 1963 Topps.
- Babe Ruth, 1916 Sporting News.